A Basic Heart screening is appropriate for persons over 18 years of age. This screening provides a snapshot of your heart health and educational information that helps patients maintain a heart health lifestyle.
The screening includes:
- BMI Assessment
- High Blood Pressure Screening
- Complete Lipid Panel Screening
- Glucose Screening
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG)
Valued at $450
Preparing For Your Screening
- Prior to your visit, you will need to fast for four to eight hours. During this time you’ll be able to drink water. However, avoid caffeinated drinks since caffeine can affect your heart rate.
- During the scan, you will be asked to lie down on a table, so you may want to wear loose, comfortable clothing. You will also need to remove any jewelry and other metal items from your body, such as piercings.
- After the test, you will be able drive yourself home. There is no need to arrange for transportation.